Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Glued Lapstrake Canoe Completed

I completed the Tom Hill designed canoe for my friend at work.  He commissioned me to built it for him in August 2015, so it took about 10 months.  It usually takes about 1 year to build a boat.  Having the new insulated back room in the garage helped me to maintain progress even during the wintertime.  I will deliver it to him the first week of June 2016.
For boat construction photos, click here.
Boat Plans = Charlotte, from Thomas J. Hill Boat Designs
Plywood = 4mm Sapele mahogany from Harbor Sales
Epoxy for all joints, fillets and sealing = 105 resin and 205 hardener by West System
Old Town diamond head brass bolts and 3/8" brass stem bands = Northwoods Canoe Co.
Top Coat Paint = TotalBoat oil based from Jamestown Distributors.
Burl wood for breasthooks = Pocono mountain grown supplied by customer Dave G.



No comments: